Milton Twins Make Junior Elite!
This week, Annalisa and Malea Milton have qualified as Junior Elite gymnasts. Before they head to their first Elite competition, get the know them:
1. How did you get involved in gymnastics?
Our parents tried to put us in ballet and tap but we would cry every time. They tried gymnastics and then everything clicked and we loved it front the beginning
2. Where do you train?
We train at Gage.
3. What is it like being sisters and training together?
We love training together because we can push each other to do so many things. We also always have each other as best friends. We are also very competitive with each other.
4. What are your short and long term goals in the sport?
Our short term goal is to make the National Team and get an International assignment. Our long term goal is to both make it to the Olympics in 2024.
5. How many hours a week do you have to train? Are you homeschooled?
We are homeschooled and we train about 32 hours per week.
6. How did you balance gymnastics and school?
We wake up pretty early so we can finish our school work before leaving for the gym.
7. What has been the biggest setback you have overcome in the sport? How?
Quarantine was definitely hard for us. It was difficult to be home for so long without access to the gym, but fortunately, we had the opportunity to still work out on zoom with our coaches. We overcame this obstacle quickly with the support of our coaches and family.
8. What gymnast do you look up to most?
We look up to Aleah Finnegan because of her positive attitude and energy.
9. Favorite place you’ve travelled for gymnastics?
We both loved Daytona Beach, Florida for nationals
10. What do you like about Quatro?
We love their beautiful leotards! They are made of high-quality material, they are comfortable, and we love how sparkly they look!